Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Dinning Room 4: Filigree Ceiling

 Finally the paint it complete. I am really ecstatic about the way the ceiling has turned out. It is by far my favorite thing that I have ever painted. And I have been painting for a while now. In ever category. There are things that have sentimental meaning, which this has none. But other then that..... 

Oh, is it bad to love something that you did so much? I guess it is something that I have dreamed of doing for over 7 years now. Long before I even owned this house. I always wanted to do a filigree/flourish in a trey ceiling. I even did it in my brother's house for free just because I wanted to do it. Now, this was before kids and time to paint was only limited to a work schedule. Then we moved in this house with this beautiful architecture I was really excited to do it. And low and behold, what couple in a new house with an ever expanding family has the money for a dinning room suite. And I refused to do the ceiling until I got my furniture. I wanted to make sure that it fit perfectly together. If you see the almond shapes echoed in the design, I pulled that shape from the back of the chair's wood work. So having this ceiling I guess is a dream come true. 



4 comments:

A Mormon Mommy said...

I love it! It's beautiful!! But now I want to see the furniture!!

Unknown said...

Once it is clean I will! And it will be clean by Saturday. So wahooo!

Ash said...

wow. all i can say is wow!!!! that is absolutely gorgeous! it looks like something out of million dollar home - that is a 100 years old (that's a good thing). I love the simple elegance. wow whit, that is so lovely. Way to make a dream come true. :)

Ashley said...

This is really stunning Whitney, really shows off that tray ceiling. You are so talented!