Friday, November 4, 2011

Big girl's room. Forever Spring; Trees and animals

My big girl's room.
When I found out I was pregnant with my second child we had to consolidate my guest room and my "studio" into one room. And then when we found out that our third was coming we had to do some major shifting. The studio and guest room were no more. My paints and other art paraphernalia went to my sons closet and the guest room was now going to be my oldest's new home. 

I felt kinda bad about kicking her out of her room to make a spot for baby sister. I made sure the first room on my makeover list was her's. I wanted her to feel like she was getting something better then what she had. I wanted it to be magical. And unlike the dinning room, it was a spiritual experience. When I was painting I was able to tell my daughter I loved her in a way that I hadn't before. Unlike painting a nursery (which I love, don't get me wrong), I knew my daughter. I knew what she liked and what made her happy. For this moment in her life, I knew her better then anyone else on this entire earth (well, her daddy might argue that one). She loved animals and recognized the beauty in her surroundings, like an old soul. So beautiful and innocent. I knew that she would love her room. I was right... She still says, "Mommy you are the best painter ever." and I return the complement "and so are you sweetie, so are you."


It did feel a bit weird, it was winter and snowing when I painted this room. Forever springtime. 
This is her view looking up into the tree as she lays on her bed. As if she is laying under a tree. 

And who can forget popcorn popping on the apricot tree.

No comments: