Thursday, October 27, 2011

Filigree and flourishes

When my husband and I were first married we had the opportunity to visit Paris. I was really impressed with  Versailles. All of the beautiful gold leaf designs on the walls. Everything there was so ornate. It seemed like every square inch of the castle was a piece of art.

I completed this series not long after our trip. There are also two gold square, a purple and a green one. Since it was quite a few years ago these were the only images I could get my hands on quickly. I tried to sell them on ebay, but I didn't much luck. I think my marketing and business sense need work. 

But as I planed my dinning room ceiling I looked back at these images and what inspired me about Versailles. I wanted to bring the designs into my home with just a few more modern touches. That being said... I have complete the design for the ceiling. YEAH! Now it's time for the execution. I hope to have it finished in a few weeks. My deadline is November 12th. We are having people over from my husband's work. And who doesn't work better with a deadline! 



1 comment:

Natalie said...

Wow that will be awesome! They look so cool.